Tuesday 21 January 2014

stupid stupid stupid

So my hubbby and I went for a swim at Vetch’s Beach today. Awesome. Really fun! Loved it. Beach was quiet. Calm. Awesome.


Then we got out the water - picked up our stuff - and it dawned on my I didn’t have my keys… retraced my actions and suddenly remembered jabbing them into the back of my boardshorts as I went to greet my friends dad and needed a clear hand to shake hands!


Which would mean… they fell out onto the beach… or they fell out in the ocean! The beach search showed nothing. The ocean search lasted an hour or so. Helpful men with goggles wearing tight speedos tried really hard - but we found nothing.


The my hubby and I were looking around in the water and at about 1 metre deep - we found the keys in the sand! Thank you so much! Was so chuffed to get them back!


Of course the remote is screwed. And seems a little like everything is a bit fried! But I was able to open the car… and with some persuasion, fresh water, paper towels and copius amounts of swearing - I got the remote working again (you just have to hold it between two fingers on the side - while pressing down from the top - and simultaneously pressing the button from below - and it seems to work! Hopefully when it dries out it’ll go back to being semi-reliable!


What an awesome Tuesday adventure though! Interesting day with awesome friends!




from Tumblr http://ift.tt/1eQ9cfR

No comments:

Post a Comment