It's January 2014. probably the best and worst year of my life has just sped by and I feel like I don't really know where to start again!
This morning I was looking for something and I realised that 8 years ago today - I was walking around on a beach in Zanzibar. Tanned, toned, and feeling pretty good! So what's changed?
Shortly after this trip I stopped going to gym... and I can't really remember why. I started a couple of times over the next couple of years... but something always happened to prevent me from going!
Fast forward to 2012. I have moved with the love of my life to Durban, into a house we both love. I start gym again in November of 2012 and break my foot in a really bizarre accident! So frustrating! This sort of thing has happened several times to me!
When the cast comes off - I get back to the gym! I am pleased to say that I am still going to gym - 4/5 times a week - and feeling great at 40!
2013 was a horrible year for me because my mom passed away! She was diagnosed with cancer in August... and on 2 October 2013 she died. I've been feeling so lost and destroyed since then! Am slowly feeling normal again - but there is still a huge gap! My mom wasn't just my mom - she was my friend! She lived in the cottage on my property! She shared a birthday with my partner! She was everything to me! I miss her!
2013 was also a great year for me. I turned 40! I got married to the man of my dreams! We travelled - alot! We went to Cape Town and up the west coast. We drove through Mozambique, and to the top of Malawi, spend time at various spots on Lake Malawi, visited the Great Zimbabwe Ruins, jumped off a cliff a Oribi Gorge, visited Hluhluwe several times! Am sure I'm missing out on a couple of things!
Here's to 2014! May you be a wonderful year!


